MD of Bonnyville No. 87 outside of the Forest Protection Area (FPA), Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach, Summer Village of Pelican Narrows and Village of Glendon
A Partial Fire Ban is in effect as of 1400 hrs Tuesday April 28th, 2020 for the MD of Bonnyville
No. 87 outside of the Forest Protection Area. All fire permits are suspended, and no new fire
permits will be issued. The fire ban does not apply to Cities and Towns.
- All open fires including, but not limited to, backcountry and random camping areas;
- Burn barrels.
- Charcoal briquettes, turkey fryers and tiki torches.
- Exploding targets.
- Campfires in municipal campgrounds within designated fire rings with screens (Applies only to
those outside the FPA)
- Residential backyard fire pits within designated fire rings
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified and are designed
for cooking or heating.
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters.
- Fires contained in industrial facilities or on industrial sites as approved by a forest
NOTE: A Fire Guardian may authorize the lighting of an outdoor fire that would otherwise be prohibited pursuant to this Order, including but not limited to a fire for the burning of vegetation or debris resulting from land clearing or agricultural activities on farm land.
As per M.D. of Bonnyville Fire Bylaw No. 1668 any person burning or discharging fireworks in contravention of this Partial Fire Ban may be liable to a fine and for the total cost of any type of emergency response and mitigation service required to bring a fire under control.
For further information, please contact the Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority at 780-826-4755.
Please follow us on Facebook and check albertafirebans.ca for more information.
Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority | Box 6827 Bonnyville, AB, T9N 2H3 4407 - 50 Ave, Bonnyville
Phone: (780) 826-4755 | Fax: (780) 826-1857
Content Copyright © 2016, Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority | Designed by AB Web.